B.S. Civil Engineering - Accreditation Information
The B.S. Civil Engineering Program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission of ABET, http://www.abet.org.
|Fall Enrollment Headcount
Program Educational Objectives
BSCE Graduates of the Civil Engineering Department at the University of Mississippi will:
- Practice in civil engineering, environmental engineering or a related area to serve society.
- Pursue professional development including advanced degrees, professional registration and/or certification as appropriate for their qualifications and careers.
- Assume leadership roles in their profession and/or communities.
In accordance with ABET accreditation requirements, BSCE students at the University of Mississippi should demonstrate the attainment of the following student outcomes:
- An ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- An ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- An ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- An ability to function on multidisciplinary teams
- An ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- An understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- An ability to communicate effectively
- The broad education necessary to understand the impact of engineering solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal context
- A recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- A knowledge of contemporary issues
- An ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice