The B.S. in Civil Engineering program is accredited by the Engineering Accreditation Commission (EAC) of ABET, https://www.abet.org
Program educational objectives
The graduates of the program within 3-5 years will:
- Practice in civil engineering, environmental engineering or a related area to serve society.
- Continue to develop professionally by obtaining advanced degrees, professional registration and/or certification as appropriate for their qualifications and careers.
- Assume leadership roles in their profession and/or communities.
The graduates of the program will demonstrate:
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve complex engineering problems by applying principles of engineering, science, and mathematics
- an ability to apply engineering design to produce solutions that meet specified needs with consideration of public health, safety, and welfare, as well as global, cultural, social, environmental, and economic factors
- an ability to communicate effectively with a range of audiences
- an ability to recognize ethical and professional responsibilities in engineering situations and make informed judgments, which must consider the impact of engineering solutions in global, economic, environmental, and societal contexts
- an ability to function effectively on a team whose members together provide leadership, create a collaborative and inclusive environment, establish goals, plan tasks, and meet objectives
- an ability to develop and conduct appropriate experimentation, analyze and interpret data, and use engineering judgment to draw conclusions
- an ability to acquire and apply new knowledge as needed, using appropriate learning strategies
Enrollment data and degrees awarded
|Academic Year||Fall enrollment||Degrees awarded|